Friday, August 31, 2012

Picking Apart "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic", Top 10 Posts

To wrap up for the month as the last thing on the subject before Season 3 of this "needs-to-be-improved" series, I will now tally up which 10 posts of my episode critiques have had the most views so far.  Here we go.

10.  Boast Busters (82+ views)
Some fans just like Trixie for some crazy reason.  Typical.  Well I say, what's to like about her?  Not only is she a constant braggart, but even after admitting that her conquest over the Ursa Major was a lie, she still wouldn't admit to being wrong about her personality.  I tell you, if characters don't change like that, like Diamond Tiara, they'll never learn.  And they'll just be worse off the next time we see them.  Well, this episode's repetitiveness should be enough to drive anyone up the wall and I honestly wish I could get rich watching this episode again and again, just so I could pay off all my college debts.  Now Trixie is expected to show up once more in Season 3, so if she hasn't learned her lesson by now...  Game over, man.  Game over.  It'll be one more episode left in ruins.  No questions asked.

9.  The Best Night Ever (90+ views)
You know, do you users even read my posts from top to bottom?  Or do you just hope that I'm gonna get those videos replaced with stuff you can watch?  Well, if I wasn't so lazy, I'd do that, but I really wanna get the impression you folks are reading these critiques carefully.  I mean, we can all learn something from this, right?  Okay, this episode isn't all that good either because aristocracy and sophistication sucks.  That is to say, those who are do not take highly of the middle and lower class, unless you're Fancypants.  But seriously, the stinginess of high class is exactly the reason why the six main characters had the worst night ever instead of having their dreams be fulfilled.  Sophisticated aristocrats have little to no respect for ground beneath their heels, they're too clean for their own good, and their definition of party is nothing more than a social gathering, which can be the definition of boring for the lower class.  A party is a chance to go nuts and not be ridiculed for it.  Life's what you make of it, ya know?  So, to be blunt, this episode really doesn't stand out from the crowd.

8.  A Canterlot Wedding, Parts 1 & 2 (100+ views)
So, how many users took this post seriously?  I really wanna know.  I know there are some of you out there who hated these two episodes for pretty much the reasons I would expect.  There's no doubt that in personal opinion, these are the worst episodes in the entire series so far, so bad that I don't see how Season 3 is gonna make things all better.  Seriously, this one-hour event really makes the series drop to an all-time low and if it wasn't for superior animation, the show would be 100% ruined.  Do you see Twilight?  She is crying because her heart is broken.  And who broke her heart?  Her own brother.  And of course, her friends and Celestia as well.  This if anything has the grounds to expose the true colors of Twilight's friends.  If they see one wrong move with her, they're through with her.  Not very forgiving, are they?  If it were me, I would not forgive them at all.  Or at least I wouldn't be so soft with them.  Hell, I'd barely consider them my friends anymore.  If anyone thinks Twilight deserved this, that someone ain't no fan of the show.

7.  Bridle Gossip (102+ views)
There's practically racism in this episode.  Zecora is at first feared by everyone in Ponyville simply because she's neither pony, Pegasus, nor unicorn.  She's a zebra... from Africa!  I tell you, that's got racism written all over it.  So what exactly netted this post over a hundred views?

6.  Call of the Cutie (103+ views)
Evidently, racism wasn't good enough for the show so we had to get introduced to segregation!  Oh God, the things wrong with this series!  Look, I appreciate that Hasbro might be trying to spread a message just like Theodore Giesel and his books, but really, if Hasbro really wanted to do that, they would have made Diamond Tiara learn her lesson in this very episode.  Instead, she gets pissed off, indicating that she'll never learn her lesson and she'll only be back for more.  You wanna spread a message?  Make the character that starts the crazy stuff learn the important and valuable lesson that needs to be taught.  Otherwise, you're not doing your job.  Segregation sucks.  Racism is just wrong.  At least the latter got fixed because Zecora now regularly roams freely among the denizens of Ponyville.

5.  Luna Eclipsed (130+ views)
I'll bet the return of Princess Luna was exciting for fans.  But then she is devoid of all love and attention she desires, save the bronies of course who long to break the fourth wall and hug their favorite characters.  Hopefully, Season 3 will be better for her.  I sure as hell hope so.  She deserves more attention, especially more than her wicked sister Celestia.

4.  Fall Weather Friends (189+ views)
I think it's the fan pairing between Applejack and Rainbow Dash that attracts viewers to this post.  But yeah, I guess I can understand that.  But what I don't get is why bronies, who claim to exist to love and tolerate, could possibly be poking fun at gay and lesbian communities.

3.  Over a Barrel (214+ views)
I expressed quite clearly that I hate this episode.  Now, does this fact alone attract viewers to this post?

2.  Friendship is Magic, Parts 1 & 2 (317+ views)
Ah, yes.  The series premiere and I introduce the subject of bronies and what could have been their true colors.  That I can understand for a high view count.

1.  The Cutie Mark Chronicles (357+ views)
Several times, this post and the second place post would be neck and neck.  Now it's been clear that this post takes the cake and claims the blue ribbon.  I kinda have to wonder why, though.  Was it that I had more dialogue from the episode's transcript than the others?  Was it Young Fluttershy's beautiful song?  Was it the episode plot itself?  I may never know because I never hear from you viewers.  Okay, so you might not all have blogger accounts, but getting one of those is a cinch.

Okay, seriously, I'm calling it quits on these kinds of posts until Season 3.  I mean, I've said more than enough already.  Just don't expect a new critique the moment a new episode comes and goes.  I'm likely to wait around for its wiki page to set up a gallery and a transcript first.  Well, I'll see y'all later!  I'll be back for Season 3!  And I'm sure you bronies wouldn't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment