Sunday, December 4, 2011

We Three Kings of Yu-Gi-Oh! Are

In light of the holiday season for 2011, I have decided to introduce from my creations on Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Maker (although YuGiCo is good for making Xyz cards, Card Maker is still good for a few things such as custom sub-types), three new equivalents of the Egyptian Gods, the Sacred Beasts, and the Aesir - behold, the three Magi (Wise Gods)! I should not think this is inappropriate nor sacrilegious for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I didn't come up with these images, some user from deviantART known as ryben-d36hnch did. So the images belong to that user, not me. Secondly, if the game starts naming cards for sources outside of Japan, such as Norse mythology, then anyone could have come up with this. Also, you might notice that the cards I made up are in fact the Epoch monsters I mentioned back at the beginning of the year. As I said before, Epoch Monsters are formed by sending Epoch Material Monsters from either the field or hand to the Graveyard, so they are easier to summon than Synchro and Xyz monsters. However, to maintain tradition of sacrificing three monsters from the field to summon a God card, the three Magi can only be Epoch Summoned using monsters on the field, not the hand. And these are just cards as they would appear in an anime series, seeing as the Aesir did not keep their Divine-Beast-Type nor their Divine attribute when they became trading cards. The same will go for the Magi, but I'll get to that some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment